Environmental Medicine is a branch of medicine that is concerned with the whole person and the way that a person reacts to his/her total environment. A challenge of living in the 21st century is our burden of being exposed to environmental toxins.
At the CZL Healthy for Life Wellness Center our approach of environmental medicine is holistic in nature and addresses every part of the body, including the brain that controls thinking, perception, mood, and behavior. Chronic exposure to toxic chemicals and toxic metals may be linked to the air we breathe, the food we eat, the water we drink, the chemicals in our home, or more subtle sources. Over time, the chemical exposures can bio-accumulate and create a body burden that can outweigh the body’s ability to cope with them and cause imbalances and illnesses.
At our center we evaluate each patient in terms of his/her total environment and the impact of that environment on the individual biochemistry. We strive to reduce the total chemical body burden load and rebuild the body’s reserves, restoring balance and strengthening the individual to overcome and prevent illness.
Are Toxins in Your Environment Making You Sick?
Common symptoms you may be experiencing from the effects of a toxic environment.
- Tiredness or Exhaustion
- Poor Concentration
- Moodiness or Irritability
- Sleep Disturbances
- Overall feeling of being unhealthy
- Fatigue with joint or deep muscle pain
- Allergies and sinus congestion
- Headaches with “brain fog“ and difficulty concentrating
- Sensitivity to smoke, perfume or other chemical odors
- Symptoms that are aggravated by air pollution
Are you exposed to the following?
- Second-hand smoke, mold or chemicals at home or work?
- Do take over the counter or prescription medications daily?
- Do you eat foods with synthetic additives, preservatives and pesticides?
We utilize many new environmental tests and evaluations to assess how toxins or allergens may be affecting your health.
- Environmental ecology evaluation and counseling in green living
- Environmental laboratory testing for chemical exposures
- Whole body custom bio-detoxification cleansing programs
- Environmental allergen desensitization program
- Environmentally safe products recommendations
- Healthy home audit of mold and chemical exposures
- Environmental chemical sensitivity analysis
- Drinking water analysis
- Toxic and elemental mineral analysis
- IGE and IGG Immunologic food and airborne allergy sensitivity profile tests
- Oxidative stress free radical marker and antioxidant reserves tests
- Microbiology stool analysis for dysbiosis, bacterial, yeast and pathogenic overgrowth
At our center we understand the importance of supporting total body detoxification and reducing body burden of chemical exposures. Population studies and blood tests comprising over 100 toxic chemical analyses now show an average of over 90 toxicants in the average person. The danger of these pollutants becomes obvious when we recognize them as carcinogens, endocrine disruptors and neurotoxins.
Bio-Detoxification is a term we use to describe enhancement, through medical science, of our own natural detoxification system.
Learning how to reduce our body burden of these chemicals is critical to our health and survival. At our center we specifically recommend a custom program for bio-detoxification and chemical desensitization for patients with known toxic chemical exposures and chemical sensitivity.